Cayuga Centers - our journey of service begins
We started in 1852 as
- an orphange.
We changed in 1954 to
- serve youth placed by family court and
- offer a cottage model of care, including case management.
We added community-based programs in 1991 to
- meet families in their own environments,
- keep families safely together, and
- prevent removal of children from their homes.
We began in 1994 to serve
- people with developmental disabilities,
- offering respite and day habilitation programs, and Medicaid service coordination.
We offered treatment family foster care
- in Central New York in 2002
- in New York City in 2003
- in Palm Beach County, Florida in 2015, and
- in the State of Delaware in 2016
We applied our foster care success to meet the needs of unaccompanied children in 2014
We changed throughout our 165 year history to
- serve the underserved
- meet unmet needs
- meet new needs
- apply modern approaches